Wednesday, December 2, 2009

today...

i had to let it go...

the reality that was my 2009 hit me square and center in the forehead... it's been... rough. rough in circumstances, but not rough in emotions. i stand firm in knowing that God has done particular things in my life this year... if for no other reason, to give me a testimony and to allow me to see my faults for what they are - and to work on them. but, i did VERY LITTLE agonizing over circumstances this year, and it seems that today, they all seemed to crash down on me.

one of the circumstances still hung over my head...one of those invisible things that you tend to ignore until sometimes the string gets weak and hits you in the face. then you just replace the string, and there it sits again...just hanging. today, i FINALLY got the message, and severed the ties to that circumstance and allowed it to hit the ground. and while it was meant to be marked "complete", in the process, in that moment, i re-lived the circumstance and felt all the pain and other emotions that came with it.

with all of that, i simply thank God that tomorrow is a NEW day... i thank God for the ability to see past the pain and be thankful for the outcome. i thank God that that door is finally shut and welcome and am thankful in advance for the other door to open. through the tears, my spirit is smiling, knowing that while today was a low, being at the bottom only means that there's nowhere to go but up...and i welcome that journey.

i look forward to seeing 2010 and seeing what God does in my life...

2 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

This gives me hope in my own life.

Sometimes we feel like giving up but it would never solve a thing.

Let us hope 2010 is stellar.


My first time here. :)

KiKi Wan Kenobi said...

No hope about it... 2009 was stellar - circumstances and all...and I'm thankful for that. I KNOW that 2010 will be just as awesome - for me AND for you!

It's even through the struggles that we grow as people... even through release - we're human...so, get it out, and let God handle it.